This five-day, 40-hour institute is a favorite of secondary teachers. Topics include:
• The Declaration of Independence
• The influence of ancient and European documents on the development of the U.S. Constitution
• American documents before the creation of the U.S. Constitution
• The Constitutional Convention
• Reenactment of the Federalist and Anti-Federalist debate
• A walk through the seven articles of the Constitution with a special focus on Amendments 1-27
The agenda is divided into blocks of time spent with scholars, followed by breakout sessions featuring demonstrations on the curriculum covered during the scholar sessions as well as the latest curriculum requirements. Special choice sessions will be offered to allow participants to select topics most applicable to their grade level.
Each participant will receive:
• A flash drive with all program materials
• Law-Related Education materials which support the curriculum
• 40 hours of CPE credit
This training is free of charge!
|Hatton W. Sumners Institute on the Founding Documents 101: June 5-9, 2017 Mission ISD||Mission ISD/Kenneth White Junior High Campus Library||June 5, 2017 8:00 am - June 9, 2017 4:30 pm||Register|
|Hatton W. Sumners Institute on the Founding Documents 101: June 19-23, 2017 Fort Worth ESC 11||Fort Worth - ESC 11||June 19, 2017 8:30 am - June 23, 2017 4:00 pm||Register|
|Hatton W. Sumners Institute on the Founding Documents 101: June 26-28, 2017 Wichita Falls ESC 9||Wichita Falls - ESC 9||June 26, 2017 8:00 am - June 28, 2017 4:30 pm||Register|